Friday, February 26, 2010

Alexander McQueen Laid to Rest

Iconic fashion designer, Alexander McQueen was laid to rest on Thursday, in a funeral attended by the models  Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss and fellow designer, Stella McCartney.  The funeral was a simple, 40 minute service, held at St. Pauls church in London.  McQueen's father, and his five children attended the funeral, including Jane, Alexander's sister, who was the one to identify his body.  If you remember, McQueen, born Lee Alexander McQueen, was found hanged in his home on February 11th after having committed suicide. His mother, with whom he was very close had died just a week before.

After the designer's death, there was doubt as what would happen to the McQueen label.  The French group, PPR, which owns the McQueen label through the Gucci Group, has ensured that the McQueen brand will continue.  There is no word yet as to who will take over the helm.  One thing is for sure, they will have some very big and fabulous shoes to fill.

This is the second post I am writing about suicide.  It's so sad  I have had some dark days in my life, but I've never contemplated killing myself.  I cannot imagine what it must feel like to want to end it all, to feel like you are so utterly alone that the only way out is to take yourself out.  I cannot conceive of that kind of pain.  Walter Koenig, imparted some advice to those who feel like there was no way out and suicide is the only option.  I am paraphrasing, but he said that they should remember that there are people who do care and who do love them and hat you they are not alone.  Check on the video on TMZ  I think that's some sound advice. We are all interconnected in this world.  We are never truly alone.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Alexander McQueen was a genius. He will be missed. Hopfully, someone good takes over. Please don't let be Lindsay Lohan lol

    ReplyDelete

 

View my page on Fashion Industry Network