Monday, February 15, 2010

Tina Fey's Vogue Cover

I don't know, but I'm just not feeling Tina Fey's Vogue Cover for the March 2010 issue. I'm just a little disappointed, because it, well it really doesn't look like her.  Am I wrong?  See, of the many things I like about Tina Fey is that she seems really natural and real in an industry that really doesn't value that.  I'm excited to see her on the cover, but then I see the cover and it looks nothing like her.  Tina doesn't look like Tina, and that's what bugs me. For one thing, Vogue got rid of her facial scar (Why? Everyone knows it's there.), and about 5-7 years and about 5-7 pounds.   I understand that it's Vogue, and anyone should be proud that the Ice Queen Anna Wintour deems them worthy to grace its pages, but sometimes I wish they would leave well enough alone.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Tina Fey is a beautiful, smart, talented woman, with a lot more to say than a Kim Kardashian or  a Lidnsay Lohan.  I don't want a fantasy when I see Tina in Vogue, I want the real woman, because when I see Real Tina, I see me.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

View my page on Fashion Industry Network