Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tis Better to Give...

It's Christmas Eve y'all. One day closer to the holidays being over. Woo Hoo!



I woke up this morning thinking about Christmas, this whole time of year rather, and I realized that one of the reasons I get so bummed around this time nowadays is because the holidays in he U.S has become so much about something else other than giving selflessly and being thankful for family and friends. Sounds corny, but it's true. I'm still thinking about that poor man that was trampled to death at Walmart on Black Friday. I can't even imagine what his family is going through right now. The holidays should be about giving and not what we can get out of our loved ones, that much I know. I'm making an early New Year's resolution and that is to give more of myself to others, whether it be family or someone out there who is less fortunate. In the past, I have given money to various charities, but it's so easy to write a check, you know. I want to donate my time, volunteer. It's definitely something I want to do.



One of the charities I have given to in the past is Helping Hands Monkey Helpers for the Disabled. They donate service monkeys to quadriplegics and other people with spinal cord injuries. It's really amazing what these little creatures do for people who can't do for themselves. And get this, they're trained at Monkey College! Helping Hands is certified by the Independent Charities of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

View my page on Fashion Industry Network