Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Fashion, Part Deux

So, I talked about the good inaugural fashion in the post below, and now I would like to give special mention to an individual who took the bad fashion cake (or were they wearing it?) at yesterday's inauguration event. I'm talking about the Queen of Soul herself, Aretha Franklin. She is a musical icon and she's earned the right to wear whatever, but the headgear was fug Aretha. If definitely does not deserve any R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Hats, especially big hats are a tradition in the African American community, I know, and her wearing a hat was not my issue. It was just not a good hat. It was too over the top for an occasion that wasn't about Aretha, but was about the swearing in of the President of the United States. But then again, what do I know? Apparently, Mr. Song Millinery, which designs and carries the chapeaus, is doing a ton more business, since Franklin wore it yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

View my page on Fashion Industry Network