Friday, January 2, 2009

Put Your Best Face Forward

It's a new year and it's time to put your best face forward. It's not just about the clothes, you've got to have the whole package. And that means having great skin. I, personally, don't like a complicated skin care regimen and will try to incorporate natural products whenever possible. That's not to say that I don't have some products in my cabinet with ingredients that I can't pronounce, but nowadays, I'm a little more mindful. For example, I'll use fresh aloe from the aloe plant on a breakout or other skin irritation. I'd rather prefer that than salicylic acid for sure. I have also started incorporating some organic items into my cosmetic bag. Lipstick, shadows...



So, I was super thrilled to hear about this new magazine called Organic Beauty magazine, which debuted on the newstands on December 30. Organic Beauty is a bi-monthly magazine devoted to natural, organic and eco-friendly beauty. Love it.







Put aside the creams and the scrubs for a second and let's remind ourselves about the most basic skincare rules shall we. Here are my top 3 dos and donts.
Do drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated does wonders for the skin.
Don't smoke. This should be a given, Smoking causes a multitude of health problems, like heart disease, stroke and cancer. It's also ages you before your time and make you look busted.
Do get enough sleep. I know it's easier said than done, but not getting enough sleep puts your body out of wack, including your skin.




IN THE NEWS
Allergen Inc announced last week that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Dermatologic Opthalmic Drugs Advisory Committee (DODAC) voted to recomment that the FDA approve a prodict known as Latisse to treat hypotrichosis (reduced eyelash hair).
Latisse is a spinoff of Lumigan, which is a glaucoma drug. When Lumigan was used to treat patients suffering from glaucoma, they noticed some added benefits such as darker,thicker lashes. This would be the first FDA approved drug for eyelash growth if approved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

View my page on Fashion Industry Network